Get ready for the last supermoon of the year on June 24. Plus, it’s a Strawberry Supermoon, which, according to certified astrologer Donna Page, could cause a major impact on your life. After all, this full moon is about big goals and dreams. “It’s really about making the impossible possible,” Page says. “Put aside all the naysayers that say you can’t do this or that.”
The moon is often referred to as the “Ruler of Emotions” for its effect on people’s emotional states. Here is what you have to look forward to during this month’s full moon.
What is the Strawberry Supermoon?
A supermoon occurs when the full moon is closest to earth during the lunar cycle. At this time, the earth is between the moon and the sun, making the moon illuminated by the sunlight. Additionally, the moon looks about 15 percent brighter and 4 percent bigger than usual. This happens about three or four times a year. This closest point in the moon’s orbit is called a perigee, so the proper astronomical term for it is Perigean Full Moon.  The term ‘supermoon’ comes from astrology, so not all astronomers choose to use it.
Meanwhile, the name Strawberry Supermoon is reserved for the last full moon of spring or the first full moon of summer. Peoples including the Algonquin, Ojibwe, Dakota, and Lakota, used this name, referring to the ripening of June strawberries as it’s time for their harvest. The Haida refer to the full moon as Berries Ripen Moon, dubbed after the same phenomenon.
Other names include:
- Blooming Moon (Anishinaabe) refers to the season of blooming flowers.
- Green Corn Moon (Cherokee) refers to caring for new crops.
- Hoer Moon (Western Abenaki) also refers to the tending of the crops.
- Birth Moon (Tlingit) referring to the season when animals bear offspring in the Pacific Northwest.
- Egg Laying Moon (Cree) also refers to the time of animals reproducing.
- Hatching Moon (Cree) again, refers to the new life being born.
- Honey Moon and Mead Moon (European) call June the month of marriage, which is appropriate since the month is titled after Juno, the Roman goddess of marriage. Perhaps these names are the source for the term honeymoon that comes after a wedding. 
How Will The Moon Affect Your Star Sign?
With the image of blooming flowers and ripening fruits, this month is a time for abundance. Hence, the Strawberry Supermoon is a time that many people may begin dreaming big. It could come in the form of a burst of ambition for work or daydreams about the exotic vacation you’ve been pushing off. Also, it may be something objectively small but feels big to you.
Moreover, this is a time that you’ll reevaluate your beliefs. “This full moon is about believing in yourself first, but also examining whether any personal beliefs are holding you back,” Page says.
This reevaluation could help you step toward your big dreams, whether it’s asking for a promotion, moving to a new city, taking a class you’ve been thinking about forever, or spicing up (or breaking up) a stagnant relationship. After all, once you realize there’s no reason not to go for it, you know you should.
The Strawberry Moon in Sagitarrius will affect all signs in slightly different ways. However, Page says that Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo, and Pisces will feel its impact the most. Either way, don’t allow these big aspirations to remain as dreams. Use this burst of ambition. Let it boost your confidence. Get out of your own way while you make your dreams a reality. 
How to See the Supermoon
Just after sunset on Thursday, June 24, look toward the southeast. As the strawberry supermoon rises, notice how it appears larger and more golden than usual. The moon will reach its peak at 2:40 P.M. Eastern Time but it won’t be visible until that evening. Remember, the next opportunity to see a supermoon is May 16, 2022.
Keep Reading: Find Your Shadow Moon Name And Read Your Personality
- Passant Rabie. “YOU NEED TO SEE THE LAST SUPERMOON OF THE YEAR.” Inverse. June 16, 2020
- “WATCH FOR THE FULL STRAWBERRY MOON.” The Old Farmer’s Almanac. June 1, 2021
- Korin Miller. “The Full Strawberry Moon Might Make You Want To Change EVERYTHING.” Yahoo News. June 17, 2019