Sun is opposite Neptune on 4th of September. Sun is in Virgo and Neptune is in its domicile in Pisces.
Because Sun represents our identity, and Neptune dissolves any planet it touches, the transit is a good time to leave behind the old definition of who you are and meet the timeless, infinite, unchanging Self that you really are.
Neptune is an outer planet, which means it cannot be seen with the naked eye. It is essentially representing and “outside” aspect in this reading.
The Sun is You, is the role you play in life. We identify so much with the Sun, that we reduce all the sky to the Sun. If someone asks you “What’s you sign” you answer with your Sun sing, not with your Moon sign or with your Mercury sign.
An outer planet applying an opposition to the Sun signifies a crisis that happens outside the consciousness. The crisis happens outside our consciousness, because as we’ve pointed, an outer planet is a planet we cannot see, we cannot perceive, at least not with our limited material senses.
That’s why Neptune transits are famous for the confusion they bring. When something happens outside if yourself, it something you cannot see, you cannot measure, you cannot make sense of. In these circumstances it is absolutely normal to feel confused, to feel lost. You don’t know what’s going on.
Sun opposite Neptune can also shake your self-esteem and self-confidence. You can feel powerless yourself, or something from the outside can come seemingly out of nowhere and take away your power.
Another way you can experience Sun opposite Neptune is through a loss in motivation. Neptune can fog your vision and blur your focus – you can suddenly loose interest in something that was very important to you before, for example your career, or a big project you were involved in.
Neptune opposite Sun disintegrates your old self, so your new, higher self can emerge. Neptune dissolves the identification with your ego, so you can move to a higher expression of yourself.
Sun is not only who you are, is also who you think you are.
Sun opposite Neptune will challenge all these projections and layers of identification and will push you on a different direction, on an unknown direction, on a path you’ve never been before, on a path that scares you.
But the path that scares you the most is usually the one that liberates you the most. Neptune is also the planet of liberation from the material world, representing the higher, immaterial, spiritual level of our existence. It is that part of you that is immortal, that part of you that is pure, unconditional love.
What to do to make the best of the transit
- Do something nice for others – show them that you care, send them a nice message of support
- Be there for people in need – you can volunteer for a cause or do a small donation, for example to the victims of the Hurricane Harvey or the victims of the South Asia floods. Neptune also rules water and floods.
- Stay away from negative vibrations and surround yourself with positive vibrations – travel to a secluded place, visit a spiritual site, listen to enchanting music, meet gentle and compassionate people
- Try hypnotherapy, dream therapy or mantra chanting
- If someone lets you down, try to forgive them. Look for the silver lining – what could be the purpose behind this betrayal?
- Design your ideal you and your ideal lifestyle – with Sun opposite Neptune it’s ok to do dream big and aspire to the best version of yourself
On a positive note, Sun opposite Neptune can make you more compassionate, more gentle, more responsive to suffering. You can now tune in with others more easily, you can connect better with other people, you can see behind their projected ego, you can see deeper, you can connect with their soul…and yours.