They say a dog is a man’s best friend, but us girls call shenanigans on that. We think a dog is actually a girl’s best friend.
In fact, in most cases, we think they’re much better than boyfriends.
1. You will never fall in the toilet because your dog left the seat up.
2. You don’t have to worry about your puppy texting girls behind your back or flirting with the cute new neighbor or still talking to their ex.
3. Whether it’s been two minutes or two days, dogs always act like seeing you is the best thing in the entire universe, because, to them, it is.
4. Dogs don’t care if you don’t shave your legs. #hairypals
5. They love you if you are all dolled up or even in your pj’s with last night’s makeup.
6. Dogs certainly don’t have problems expressing affection in public.
7. Dogs feel guilt when they’ve done something wrong. Once they know you are upset, they do everything in their power to make you happy.
8. Your dog doesn’t hog the remote. In fact, a dog will let you watch as much of HGTV’s “Fixer Upper” as you want.
9. There’s no such thing as a judgmental dog… you when you binge eat, as long as you share with him.
10. Your dog won’t interrupt you when you tell him a story. They are the perfect listeners.
11. Your dog doesn’t tell you how to drive when you two go out for a car ride.
12. Always give you unlimited kisses.
13. Dogs will sleep with you every night without expecting anything from you.
14. You’ll never have to impress their family and friends.
15. Dogs will never say anything mean to you (mostly because they can’t talk, but also because they love you).
16. Your dog will let you dress him up without complaining about it.
17. It’s considered responsible if you cut his balls off.
18. Your dog will never judge you for your weird sense of humor.
19. Your dog has seen you naked and she doesn’t judge you.
20. When you get a bit messy your dog only appreciates you more, because she can make a bed out of anything you leave on the floor.
21. As soon as a dog enters your life, you know you’ll have loyal, loving friend forever.
Let’s face it, dogs are the best.
Dogs cannot fix the car or mow the lawn but they are a great comfort and a joy. But at the end of the day, which would you really prefer?