We’ve all heard the saying “age is just a number,” but how true does that hold when considering relationships?
As someone who has dated people who were both older, and younger than me, I think it’s safe to say that yes, age is just a number.
There are people who are well into their 40’s, and should be responsible adults by all logic, yet are the furthest thing from it. Seriously, ask one of these jobless, still-lives-at-home, can’t-boil-water, never-paid-a-bill types what they think of anything remotely important and listen to them prattle on about “what people on Facebook are saying.”
Then, there are those who are considered younger, which is pretty much anyone who is 8 to 10 years your junior. They can be seen as impulsive or immature, but if you are lucky enough to meet the ones who have their head on straight, their age becomes irrelevant. You see past the fact that they are twenty-something, and still have a lot to learn about life like you did at that age.
We like to put labels on things and shove them into perfect little boxes, but life doesn’t work that way. Once you stop expecting everything to be the way you thought it would be, the Universe shows you how it’s meant to be.
JennylynNation breaks it down for us below:
Here Are 5 Reasons Why Age Does Not Matter In A Relationship
1. It’s just a number. What really matters is your partner’s level of maturity. You may be dating someone younger but he may think, act, and feel way beyond his years.
2. Opportunity to grow. Dating someone older or younger can actually give you another perspective of life. It may open your eyes to things you never thought were there. You may see things differently because this time, you’re not just living in your own shell.
3. Chemistry! It’s quite difficult nowadays to find someone whom you truly connect with. Someone who gets you and someone you get along with. When you find that someone, don’t let him go.
4. Other people’s opinion does not matter. You are in a relationship with your partner and not with the people around you. Make this an opportunity to prove those people who think negative of you wrong and that regardless of the age gap you can actually make it work.
5. Bottom line, love is love. Why make age a deciding factor in finding your perfect match? You choose to be in a relationship because you love each other, period. If it is being with him what ultimately makes you happy, then go for it!
By GKT for MysticalRaven.com