If you think your significant other might be a psychopath, a sociopath, or a narcissist, your relationship probably isn’t headed in a very prosperous direction.
But, if really want to know, there are certain signs that are considered dead giveaways.
Maybe you’re starting to feel like you are going insane because no one else can see the side of them that you do- maybe they have everybody else fooled. But not you. You’re curious, and you’re starting to wonder if maybe the problem has more to do with them than you.
“Most of us will never get the confirmation of an official Cluster B diagnosis but… if you spent a significant amount of time:
- Feeling crazy
- Feeling confused
- Feeling (or being told) like everything was always your fault
- Feeling forgetful
- Feeling like you were incapable of doing virtually everything
- Feeling like you apologize a lot even though you are darn sure it wasn’t you
- Feeling a ton of anxiety
- Feeling like you’re going to be in deep shit if you don’t promptly answer a text or a call
- Feeling like everything was always about them
- Making excuses for their behavior – even to yourself
- Feeling like “what the heck just happened”
- Feeling crazy
- Feeling confused (yep, listed these twice because this was the major flag while I was in the fog before I started figuring things out)
- Feeling like you cry more than you ever have
….and so many more, you have probably been involved with a Cluster B disordered person. The label that you pick from that group doesn’t matter because the results are the same: destruction.”
If you’re noticing that your partner makes you feel like any of these things, then congratulations, you’re in a toxic relationship with a toxic individual.
These are warning signs, telling you to get out while you still can. Listen to them, and do what is best for you.
You can’t save everyone, but you can save yourself.
By Raven Fon