The ENFP and INFJ will instantly have a connection. This connection should be something that will last for a long time whether years of friendship, business partnership, or love. There may be some reasons that the two will have a falling out, but to be honest — the two intrinsically understand each other and balance each other out. For every Myers Briggs personality, there’s a counterpart that makes an almost perfect fit. The key is in the functions. Relationships struggle if people don’t have similar functions, or dominate functions that guide them. ENFP and INFJ being both highly intuitive people would struggle with someone who is more dominated by sensing. These two thrive on metaphors, abstractions, and the creative — trying to get them to be normal and grounded is like trying to make a levitating unicorn made of rainbows do your taxes.
Both the INFJ and ENFP will feel instant attraction to each other. They both have pieces the other one desires. The INFJ wants to be understood and needs help coming out of their shell because they are the most rare personality making them feel constantly like their ideas and feelings don’t fit in with the rest of the way the group feels. The INFJ also struggles with being quiet because their dominate function is introverted intuition — their first objective is to take information introspectively. Until this hits their emotional center and their can translate the information out-loud empathetically, they tend to keep information to themselves. ENFP are primarily information gatherers, but through extroverted intuition. To the INFJ, the ENFP talks in the way the INFJ is taking in information. This is all very pleasing and creates an ESP effect.
Though you may have initial attraction and great chemistry, remember there’s other factors at play. You need to consider if you’re trying to be romantic what kind of background the other person has. You two may click to the moon and back, but it may be impossible to close the gap if there’s two much difference of where your lives came from, where they are now, and where they’re going. You need to consider each others religious views, life goals, and baggage.
Likely you will have a great deal in common just by being in the NF family. ENFP and INFJ are both religious and spiritual people, which is another reason they draw to each other. The INFJ is lying to themselves if they say they’re conservative only when it comes to religion — they love learning about what’s in this world, questioning what’s out there and how they can apply it their value system, and testing the waters to see what spiritually is real. You know you’re an INFJ 100% if you feel like a psychic to some degree — which is another reason you probably don’t feel like you fit in that much with society. If you’re not getting that kind of strange intuition, you’re probably an INTJ… they’re more reasonable.
The ENFP and INFJ both have tendencies to be hippies. They want to play and create in the world, not be tied down to paying bills. These personalities need careers that make their passions shine, not necessarily their bank accounts. If they have the immediate things taken care of in their physical surroundings, they’re happy campers. They need their fill when it comes to imagination and fantasy.
Which is why they are also strong believers in fate and romantic love.
Are you in one of these types of relationships? Here are 6 signs it’s an ENFP and INFJ connection:
1. Everything else and everyone else in the room will not be in focus at all. They’ll be so focused on their inner world and the inner world exchange that they experience that everything else gets tuned out.
2. This combination turns into a powerful duo of jokes. The ENFP starts the joke off and the INFJ comes in with the punchline — and they keep going with that energy.
3. Deep, sensual hugs. They can communicate without words and just convey it all in a hug.
4. They will serve others. They want to make sure those around them are okay. They make a perfect counseling team.
5. These are two of the most intelligent personalities. They occasionally try to hide their brains so they can fit into a group situation. Don’t be surprised if they jump in conversation from philosophy, religion, math, to cartoons, UFOS, and unicorns.
6. They hate conflict, but they know how to resolve it with kindness over arrogance.