At its most basic reduction, the rainbow is an amalgamation of light – a perfect harmonic combination which produces a symbol of supernatural beauty, promise and enlightenment.
One of the most intense references to the rainbow is found in Hindu and Buddhist Tantra. Apparently, those who have surpassed their earthly ties are in a position to achieve the highest meditative state, and experience the “rainbow body”. This has also been described as a “body of light” when ultimate ascension has been reached.
Rainbow… A symbol of Magical Blessings
The Rainbow is also an extraordinary symbol of following our hearts desire and purpose… to get to the end of the Rainbow is a symbol for the celebration of that fulfillment.
The end of the Rainbow signifies a pot of gold and the magic that surrounds your dreams coming true, and the end of the rainbow is the enchanted magical land of leprechauns.
Rainbow symbolism has such a powerful meaning to each of us and graciously bestows the energy of blessings. The symbolism of a Rainbow intuitively tells us to hold onto hope, to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that sacred blessings open to us when we are following our hearts desire. And the symbol of the Rainbow tells us that we are guided to our hearts desire when we open to spirit to let it guide us.
The philosophy of spiritual cohesion is a common current in the meaning of rainbows. The rainbow holds a ubiquitous meaning of unity in numerous cultures. This pervasive message of unification is specifically addressed in the union between sky and earth, with the rainbow serving as a bridge between the two.
So, what’s your sign when a rainbow graces its presence upon you? What’s the deeper message and meaning of rainbows to you… on a personal level? Here are some ideas:
Potential Messages of the Rainbow
- Is it time to take a fresh look at the opportunities available to us?
- There is always another way. What other options can we see?
- Are we prepared to move into a new light, and see things with a new perspective?
- Are we ready to cross over from one phase of life to another?
- What kinds of promises have we made in our lives, and are we honoring those promises?
- Likewise, what kinds of promises do we expect from others? Are they reasonable? Are they being upheld?
- What’s the condition of our connection (bridge) to our Higher Power (the deity of our understanding)?
- Are we ready to be initiated into a new dimension of living?
These are just a few potential messages rainbows might offer in our experience. We can expound on philosophical communications from the rainbow by pondering the symbolism of colors. Interpreting rainbow colors can give us a vibrant journey into deeper understanding of serious rainbow power.