“Material things, better jobs, and other people- they won’t fill your gap. Only you can do that. Life is short. Rise up and step back into your awesome, innate power. You are compassion and creative force and divine life itself. You are a Goddess.” -Victoria Erickson
People and circumstances will occasionally break you down. But if you keep your mind focused, your heart open to love, and continue to put one foot in front of the other, you can recover the pieces, rebuild, and come back much stronger and happier than you ever would have been otherwise.
You cannot find peace by avoiding life. Life spins with unexpected changes every hour; so instead of avoiding it, take every change and experience as a challenge for growth. Either it will give you what you want or it will teach you what the next step is.
Finding peace and happiness in life does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, no challenges, and no hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things while remaining calm in your heart. It’s about letting go of the pictures in your head about how things were “supposed to be.”
Of course, this isn’t easy – it will be an ongoing struggle. But it’s infinitely easier than continuing to fight to conform your life to some antiquated delusion. It’s an infinitely more satisfying journey as well. When it’s working, when you can detach from those old images, there is peace, there is beauty, and there is happiness.
Honestly, life is too short to spend at war with yourself. The biggest disappointments in our lives are often the result of misplaced expectations. Letting go of needless expectations is your first step to happiness. Come from a mindset of peace and acceptance, and you can deal with almost anything and grow beyond it.
Here are 5 instances when a strong woman might feel like breaking, but won’t:
1. When their kids are involved. They find a strength within to continue on even when they don’t know how they can.
2. When someone is trying to push their buttons, and they know it. Why give them the satisfaction. Being quiet and not reacting is the best revenge.
3. When they know their behavior will cause others to panic. Even when they are tired and stretched, if others are depending on them, they find a way to keep on keeping on.
4. When someone is ill or needs help, and they are the only people in sight. Nothing brings out the strength of a woman when she is called to help.
5. When they will be more disappointed in themselves if they give up rather than just take the next right action, no matter how tired they might be.