by Gregg Prescott, M.S. BodyMindSoulSpirit.com
Why “waist” your money on an Atkins Diet or Weight Watchers when you can get better results for FREE? Would you like a free and easy diet that TRULY WORKS? Imagine eating great food all day… and still losing weight! This has got to be the easiest and simplest diet EVER and you don’t need to buy a book or take a special course to learn how to do it.
The best part: I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING… THIS IS ALL FREE! Share it with your friends!
Whether you plan on fitting into that bikini this summer or a tuxedo this winter, it only takes 3 months to lose 30 pounds!
The simplest diet ever!
A few years ago, I jumped on the scale and it read 209 pounds (94 kg). I was having sleep apnea issues from the weight gain, so I decided to lose weight but I never tried dieting! I used myself as a guinea pig and came up with my own diet strategy designed to lose a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time without starving myself or having to count calories.
A typical diet has approximately 2,000 calories and 20 grams of saturated fat. While our bodies do need some saturated fat, it’s also responsible for building fat.
I’ve done this diet several times in the past and both times, I lost 30 pounds (13 kg) in 3 months. I’m on the same diet right now and at the halfway point, I’ve lost 15 pounds without starving myself, counting calories or feeling hungry most of the time.
So, let’s get to the point. Here is all you need to do: Keep your intake of saturated fats to 10 grams or less per day. That’s it!
I haven’t named this diet, so you can call it the Prescott Diet, The Easiest Diet Ever, or any name you’d like to give it!
Now, there will be some concessions, but nothing major. For example, if you drink whole milk, cut back to 2%, 1% or no fat milk. Use coconut oil instead of butter when cooking. Use applesauce instead of oil when baking, etc…
Coconut oil is a saturated fat, but it’s a medium chain saturated fat (versus the long chain saturated fats found in meat). That means it actually helps you to BURN fat while boosting your metabolism! Medium chain saturated fats are also anti-viral and anti-microbial. You can add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a cup of hot chocolate or a cup of coffee or tea two times a day and it will help expedite your weight loss.
When using coconut oil, you do NOT count the saturated fat in your daily total, because as I mentioned, this is a BENEFICIAL, medium chain saturated fat that helps you lose weight.
You can also substitute coconut oil for canola, corn, or any other oil for light cooking. For example, you can put a tablespoon of coconut oil in a fry pan and cook breaded chicken breasts for a nearly zero fat dinner.
I prefer the Carrington Farms coconut oil 54 ounce and will buy three to four 54 oz. containers at a time. I not only use it for cooking, but for oil pulling, teeth whitening and suntan oil.
A typical day for me
My mother has dual Master Degrees in the culinary arts, so a little rubbed off on me! I absolutely love to cook and have taught my daughter how to cook a few specialty meals that have been in our family for generations.
So what is a typical day’s menu for me?
Breakfast: I like to start out the day with organic oatmeal, preferably brown sugar oatmeal with raisins. I’ll also have some fruit, preferably, a banana. On other days, I’ll mix some egg whites with some diced potatoes and onions, cooked in a little coconut oil. Both meals are zero grams of saturated fat.
Of course, you could always make a smoothy for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well!
Lunch: I love tuna salad for lunch. If you can find some gluten free bread or any other type of bread that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup, then you’re good to go as far as I’m concerned. I like to add a little onion and celery to my tuna fish, along with whipped dressing (0.5 grams of saturated fat per tablespoon). Then I add some tomatoes, sliced cucumber and lettuce to the sandwich and it’s amazing! One tuna sandwich will contain less than 1 gram of saturated fat.
If you crave meat, you can buy Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs (which have 0 grams of saturated fat).
If you crave french fries, you can buy no fat fries at your local health food store and bake them… or add a little coconut oil to a fry pan and cook them that way.
In the past, I’ve bought some frozen dinners such as Lean Cuisine but I try to stay away from them because most of them require that you microwave your food, which not only kills the nutritional content, but irradiates your food. Also, the ingredients in these types of foods have many questionable preservatives in them, along with high sodium counts. If you decide to go this route, there are many of these meals that have 2 grams or less of saturated fat. If you’re at the office and need a quick meal, this may be up your alley as well.
Dinner: So far, I’ve had less than 1 gram of saturated fat. I could feasibly eat a cheeseburger or a lean cut of beef for dinner if I wanted to but I tend to opt for boneless and skinless chicken breasts. You’ll find a plethora of ways to get creative with chicken breasts. As I mentioned earlier, you can add bread crumbs and then fry the chicken breast strips in coconut oil. You can marinate it in Ginger Sesame sauce, then cook them in a fry pan and add some organic rice to the meal with your choice of veggies.
I found some Premium Cod Fillets with multigrain breading made by “Natural Sea” at my local health food store, Earth Origins. Each fillet contains 0.5 grams of saturated fat and it takes 2 fillets to make a fishcake sandwich. I like to add some sliced tomato and lettuce to my sandwich after toasting the bread. If I choose this option, then I’ve only had less than 2 grams of saturated fat for the day without starving myself, counting calories or avoiding food that I like such as bread or pasta.
Desert: What??? I still get desert? YES! One of my favorite deserts is zero fat and delicious but it takes a little creativity. There’s an article that shows you how to make organic, no fat cool whip, so all you’ll need to do is to add some angel food cake, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and raspberries for a DELICIOUS desert!
Snacks: I prefer fruit such as bananas and strawberries but veggies are also a great snack. If you have a local organic store, check out some of the snacks in the chips section. I like the Millet and Flax Barbeque chips (0 grams of saturated fat), Sea Salt Baked Lentil Chips and the Sea Salt & Olive Oil Hummus Crisps. I’ve made zero fat banana bread by using applesauce instead of cooking oil. If you go to your local health food store, you may be surprised to see how many great tasting snacks are low fat or fat free.
A few tips
The best part about this diet is that you always feel full and still lose weight! Here are a few tips that will help you along the way:
- Take a “before” picture of yourself, both from the front and a profile shot. In 3 months, you’ll be amazed to see the difference. Feel free to post the before and after pictures below this post!
- Weigh yourself each morning and keep a daily journal of your weight next to your scale.
- When you feel hungry, wait an hour or longer to eat. In the meanwhile, your body is burning fat to resolve the hunger issues.
- Use coconut oil or avocado oil. Both contain medium chain saturated fats which speed up your metabolism and help to burn fat throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water! Preferably, non-fluoridated water. I like drinking alkaline water. I buy gallons of Le Vai water which has a 9.0 pH. Alkaline water not only keeps your body healthy (cancer cannot grow in an alkaline body) but it also helps to remove the toxins and fat from your system.
- Buy or grow organic food. While it may be a little more costly, your body will thank you in the long run.
- Try to eliminate GMO’s and processed foods. It’s nearly impossible to avoid GMO’s or processed foods for an extended period of time, so try to avoid them as much as possible. For example, if you decide to have a slice of pizza, you know damn well that the tomatoes are not organic. Chances are, the water used in the dough is tap water as well. Who knows how much processing went into the cheese?!
- Don’t eat when society tells you to do so. If you wake up and you’re not hungry, don’t eat just because this is the time that people typically have breakfast. Listen to your body and eat when your body tells you to do so.
- Never eat before you go to bed! It’s recommended that you consume 2 tablespoons of coconut oil each day. To me, it’s kind of nasty to eat raw, so I add it to a cup of fat free Swiss Miss hot chocolate in the morning and before I go to bed. Not only does it make your hot chocolate, coffee or tea taste even more delicious, the coconut oil also helps to eliminate the fat while you sleep.
- Don’t feel guilty about eating! It’s alright to go off your diet on occasion. If you’re out dining with someone special, indulge without guilt or counting saturated fat. Eat a “regular” meal every now and then. You can always come back to this diet and lose weight quickly but more importantly, live life and have fun – even if that means going off of your diet for a day or two.
- Stick to the diet once you’ve reached your target weight! What has happened to me in the past is that once I reach my target weight, I slip a little at a time and end up putting the weight back on through an increase of saturated fats. Don’t let this happen to you!
I’m sure someone will try to take this idea and will market it for a lot of money, but that’s not what I’m about. In an ideal world, all creations should be open source, where there are no patents or individual intellectual ownership. If you have any suggestions or tips on how to improve this diet, let me know in the comment section below because we’re all in this together! We all need to work in the best interests of humanity and not for our own materialistic interests because the path that we are heading is completely unsustainable.
The hardest part about this diet is taking the time to read each food label to determine how much saturated fat is in each product. Other than that, your stomach will feel full every day and you’ll still be eating similar food with less saturated fat.
If you’re vegan, you probably don’t need to lose weight but if you do, try limiting your saturated fats as well.
Try this diet for 3 months and let me know how you’re doing along with way by commenting below this article. I’d really love to hear as many success stories as possible!!!
Please share this with your friends!
After continuing to follow this, I can say, with a smile, that each morning when I wake up, another pound is gone! I absolutely LOVE the Coconut Oil in my coffee each morning!
From Ann M.:
I have just been eating a couple of spoons of coconut oil and losing weight without dieting at all Lol! I have been losing weight around my belly and my fatty liver has gone completely I have been doing this for 6 weeks now I haven’t weighed myself though but its a very obvious difference even my partner has noticed actually in the second week.
From GS Mitt:
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I tried this the first day I read it, which was Sunday. I weighed myself each day and have lost one pound each day! Easiest “diet” I ever tried!
From Pam M:
This really does work! I tried this along with taking blue-green alge supplements before my brother’s wedding and lost an amazing 90 pounds in 8 months! It’s easy to do too!
From Margaret F.C.:
Well it’s worked for me two weeks on two teaspoons a day for two weeks.have lost 4lbs. Splendid….daughters wedding in May will keep on track with this. Thank you for putting on Facebook . I so needed a little magic for a change!
Thanks to BodyMindSoulSpirit for this post
Featured image source